A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, March 21, 2011

Words...

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Proverbs 16:24


The girl's words sliced her, a shallow cut at the edge of her heart. And the pain in her eyes sliced me. Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. Such lies. Words can hurt; they can leave deep wounds. Healing words, hurting words, lovely words, angry words--it doesn't matter--as soon as they leave a tongue and settle in the ear, they travel very quickly to the heart, where they take up residence for awhile--molding and shaping.



And they are so permanent--once they are out they remain, linger. And they are so powerful--slicing, healing, emptying, filling. And they are so accessible--falling out of mouths, like breathing. And I know this, yet I get careless. It's hard to blame the girl who hurt my girl. I've been on that side before--spitting out words before choosing. Spitting out words I regret, words I can't take back, words that hurt.





And then there is His word...



it is God John 1:1 it is love 1 John 4:16

it is truth John 17:17

it is a light for my path Psalm 119:105

it is full of hope Psalm 119:114

it living and active Hebrews 4:12



And it is the place I go when the words of this world attack, when I see the pain in her eyes from careless words of a friend, when I wish I hadn't said that to him out of anger, frustration. I go to His word...



Thank you Lord for your Word...




#24. that little swelling in my heart which comes as I got to wake the kids

#25. catching a glimpse of a picture of my smilling Hannah as I pass by in a RUSH

#26. the rain and its coziness

#27. people working together to help people

#28. band concerts

#29 a little arm wrapped around my neck pulling me close

#30 my children's school

#31 the MANY children in my life

#32 a faithful, trusting husband

#33. fresh fruit for my children

#34. a pantry of plenty




No comments: