A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Note...

The plate is blue, a deep blue. It dips a bit so that it seems to hug the colors it holds--true reds, golden greens, oranges and yellows. It's out in the open, where little hands can reach for its goods-any piece they choose, like candy in a shop. It was never so sweet to me as it is now--this plate of fruit. It's funny how hard times do that to you--make you realize that the very smallest of things are actually so very big.

And it's a bit sad that sometimes we have to experience something to sympathize. And it's this plate of fruit that came to mind when I read The Note. Words like ridiculous--struggles are far from ridiculous, fears are real but never ridiculous. And the way the word they was used--putting the struggling in a category, as if all struggles come for the same reasons, to the same kind of people.

Oh, that note. It hurts me to think of it. But I shall not allow it to change me in the wrong ways--make me angry and resentful. No! That note shall be my fuel. I will use the feelings that it causes to swell in me to do His work. And I am not angry at the note's author; I am sorry--sorry that there is no sympathy, no compassion. I am sorry that there is judgement and categorizing. I am sorry that the note's author somehow missed the fact that Jesus didn't question whether the woman at the well with so many husbands and a lover deserved the living water; He revealed Himself to her--no judgement, no catergorizing. Jesus healed, cast out demons and fed people without questioning the situations. He Loved people.He Helped people. And for me to do anything less is a life I don't want to live.

And so, just like the deep blue plate in my kitchen that graciously reminds me of God's love for me, I will continue to Love and Help people--and bear the fruit God calls me to bear.


Thank you Lord for the note--a fuel for the fire that burns inside of me to live for You!

No comments: