A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Insignificant...

Psalm 143:6 NIV I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land.

Parched...a thirsty soul, a needy heart. It comes on quickly, without little warning and always preceeds the busyness--no time for Him. When there is no time made to soak in His Word, drink His goodness, thank Him--there is a thirst that comes over me. And it is consuming. The insiginificant begins to tease me. It settles in my mind, takes hostage my thoughts, creates illusions. And the illusions travel to my heart--parched and lacking Him--where it begins to mold me. And the insignificant can take over. It can become the ruler of a mind and heart, the leader of actions; it wants that.

But with the whisper of His words and the lowering of my head, the thirst is fed. And it happens instantly. I can feel the dryness leaving, my heart soaking Him in, my mind letting go. And the insignifcant fades, never leaving. It waits...waits for the thirst to return, waits to take control. And the journey for me is to find that place where it never takes control--to live a life that is never parched, never lacking time with Him, never forgetting His goodness, His Love for me. This is the journey.

#36. warm coffee on a cool Saturday morning


#37. converstations with teenagers, my teenager


#38. conversations with preschoolers


#39. the way Lilly trots around the house--so happily


#40. a sunny day after several dark days


#41. the warmth of the sun


#42. children!!!!!


#43. 10 hours of sleep!


#44. steady ground, sturdy buildings


#45. an author's honesty


#46. laughing with my sister


#47. food, shelter, water


#48. a day with nowhere to go---sorta :)


#49. a cry with God


#50. my mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what does it take to get on that list?

AlivewithFive! said...

...and Dad too! :)