A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ramblings of a Dream...

I scooched out of my comfort zone a bit last night...follwowing a dream. A dream. How do we get stuck, stuck in a place where the dreams are too big to believe, too big for us? I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. (Job 42:2) But do I, really? Do I know this when I live--stuck? Do I know this when I push dreams a side--He's made reality of so many. Why one more? Why can't I equate my dreams with His purpose?

Motherhood was a dream of mine...but I had no idea. I had no idea that it was a place for me, a place of pure joy, until He thrust me into it. And my words of thanks for the reality of this unknown dream don't seem enough.

Ministry with children--a dream I was also clueless I had--is one of the most rewarding things in my life. I've learned so much about Him through my work with the Kingdom's kids.

But a dream I know about...why do I hold it at bay? Do I believe so little in His love for me? Why do I struggle to see that His purpose for me might be this dream that nudges my heart? The questions are many...but last night, I chose to TRUST--trust that His purposes for me are good and fulfilling. And whether or not my dreams line-up with these purposes doesn't really matter. Perhaps the answer sits in the act of trusting...perhaps.

I scooched out of my comfort zone a bit last night...

Thank you Lord for dreams.

No comments: