A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where the Healing Begins...

Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord... 2 Kings 19:14

Life...

It's like a blanket at times--wool--tight and constricting--wrapped around me from the very bottom of my chin to the curls of my toes. It pulls tight, warming me relentlessly. There is very little air, little room to breathe. It holds me tight, keeps me captive. At times, it seems to want to smother me. It pulls tighter and tighter until I am motionless and struggling to reason, think, believe. And it is at this point that it happens, automatically and almost instantly. Just when the tightness is too much to bear, too overwhelming, just when I can no longer move, my head falls, my eyes close and my mouth speaks---His name.

And with His name comes release. Slowly and deliberately my troubles loosen their grip until I am able to move, breathe, believe, trust. The cry of His name sends the release. Then I am able to spread it out before Him...

No comments: