A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Easter Garden

We "planted" our Easter Garden yesterday. I could lie to you and say that all of the children gathered around me with eager hearts and joyful souls to participate in this new Hynson Family Tradition. But what good would that do? We aren't a perfect family, just a family with a perfect Father. So here's how it went down...

When I called my little ducklings into the kitchen to plant the Garden, they came--each in his own fashion. I had already discussed the project with Madi and she seemed excited--projects are like coffee to her. Unfortunately when the actual moment arrived, she was preoccupied planning a soccer game with a friend. Dylan only gets to play his PS3 game on the weekends, so....need I say anymore? The twins...well, let's just say the sunshine and warm air had taken capture of their hearts. And Hannah, sweet Hannah, she's always game for anything. So, in order to get everyone into the planting mood, I used my "this is so very important to your mother" voice--puppy dog eyes and turned-down face included. And within minutes...we were planting. Madi, who didn't like the way I was doing things, jumped right in and planned out the garden. We used the big rocks that Hannah and I found to build the tomb. Then we made a path to the tomb with some flat stones. We placed a small, shallow candle holder with water inside at the other end of the path to represent the Living Water--Christ. On Palm Sunday, we plan to line the path to the tomb with flameless candles--the Light coming. On Good Friday, the lights will go out and we will roll the stone in front of the tomb--Christ's Death and Burial. On Easter Morning, we will roll the stone away, relight the candles and place flowers around the garden--He is Risen!

And so, the Easter Garden tradition has made its beginning in the Hysnon house. It may not have been a perfect start, but I am learning as a mother that it's the start that counts! Please please let me know if you are planning an Easter Garden with your family. I would love to hear your ideas!! :)

No comments: