A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Easter...a new tradition for the Hynson family!

Easter...we've done some crazy things to this celebration--a celebration of sacrifice and death conquered, one of a new beginning, a new Way of life. Do I dare say we've pushed the very center of Easter--Christ--somewhere to the left or right and replaced Him with us? On the blood-stained nails we hang new dresses, fancy hats and matching shoes. Near the empty tomb, we plan perfect Easter dinners and prepare lavish Easter baskets. And in turn, He becomes less the focus.

Don't misunderstand me. I love giving my children Easter baskets full of goodies and all the favorite Easter books. And they love to receive them! Although I will say, they would give up their Easter baskets in a second for the Hysnon Family Easter Celebration! :) And it's wonderful to see all of my friends and family dressed up on Easter morning. But it seems that Easter has become a celebration of these things. I don't want the day my savior conquered the grave to be about the perfect Easter dress I found for my daughter or the new silverware I bought to serve my perfect Easter dinner. I want to begin the month of Easter thinkning about His triumphal entry, His prayer in the garden, His crown of thorns, His blood-stained palms, His risen body.

Somehow, we've become the focus of Easter, and I want to reclaim Him as the focus for my family. I am beginning here...Easter Garden or here...another Easter Garden.

Join me and we'll share! :) Happy Easter; May Christ be the focus!

No comments: