A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Details

I sang in chapel with the preschoolers a few days ago...for the last time. It was bitter and sweet. My heart was full...and empty. And as the children poured out their voices to the Lord, I found myself thinking of the details---who would sing with them next year?  Who will find new music (because the songs are getting old)? Will they know the stories to teach-- the ones the kids really enjoy? Those sweet voices pouring out to the Lord and I'm gathering details like a rake would gather fallen leaves. Piling them as high as I can. Because collected details, piled high and all together make me feel--safe, in control.

They accumulate so fast, gathered details, one pile turning into two and three and four.  So neatly put together, they make  life  look....managed. If I am uncomfortable with God's leading, His nudge...I can rummage through the pile for that one detail that will convince Him that know the way; have a plan. It's a facade though. The reality is that as the pile grows, I only get further and further from Him-- His truth, His answers. His WAY  just gets lost under those gathered details--the pile where my need to KNOW, my need to CONTROL is kept.

And so, what if I just decided to jump into that pile of details and let them fall where they may...lose control...Trust in Him? What if I decided to step out in faith...follow His lead...BELIEVE He has a plan--a good plan. What if I just stopped gathering those dry and brittle details all together and TRUST in the ONE who knows my way, planned my existence? What if...

What the heck...
(and that's a whole different story for a different day)

:)natalie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful<3

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Touching, Heartfelt