A mother of five living on God's Love, Grace and Mercy.


"What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own" Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sunday, September 18, 2011

When we trust in God--believe in His plan for us--there is no room for grudges. Because grudges hold us back, smother our joy; distort our relationship with God. Grudges harden our hearts; they slowly chip away at the softeness that allows us to care, love, give, feel.

And I say this, not from judgement, but experience. Because it's hard to forgive. Our humaness is so full of self that we focus on what is being done to us or said about us. And we forget that God has a plan for us, a good plan. And if we trust in that, no kind of darkness that we fall into or are shoved into is bigger than His plan.



Yep, I wrote that! Several weeks ago I sat at my computer and typed those words. And yet, here I sit....holding a grudge. And I have to laugh; I have to smile, because it is simply a reminder of my humaness, my imperfect self. And it is a reminder that those words, typed so carefully with such feeling are only that...words. And words are wonderful; and words are powerful; but only if we let them be wonderful and powerful, only if we let them change our actions.

And I imagine God, smiling at me with that Fatherly grin...knowing I would revisit the lesson as I wrote it...knowing my humaness would show it's ugly self. I am human, afterall. So, Ill carry on and pray that he helps me to let go of those grudges that harden our hearts. And I'll continue to be ever thankful to serve a God who knows my flaws but loves me anyway.

:)natalie

No comments: